Have you ever wondered what essential oils are? How they made? Or even how to use them? If you have, then today’s blog post is for you! Join us as we go through the basics of Essential Oils 101.
ESSENTIAL OILS 101
1. What Are Essential Oils?
- Natural aromatic compounds found in seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants.
- Highly concentrated when distilled for purity, potency, and efficacy. They are 50-70 time mores more powerful than herbs. One drop of peppermint essential oil is equivalent to 28 cups of peppermint tea. Whoa!!!
- Used historically for food preparation, beauty treatment, and health-care practices.
2. Why are essential oils effective?
- Essential oils work at the cellular level and protect cells. They also are nutrients that penetrate the cell membranes.
- Their unique chemical structure allows oils to pass directly through the skin for immediate systemic response to topical application. That means the oils work almost immediately! They are a healthy and safe way to take care of yourself and family.
3. How Do I Use Essential Oils?
- Inhale the essential oils or use a diffuser. What you breathe affects your mood and well being.
- When essential oils are diffused or inhaled, they can be very calming, or soothing. Diffusing oils can cleanse the air and help create a positive atmosphere.
- Just one drop can do the trick! One drop of essential oil can service every cell of your body.
- Add a drop right under your tongue, add a drop or two to water and drink
- Add essential oil to a disposable capsule. Some of the most popular essential oils come in softgel capsules.
- Some of our favorite oils to add to a glass of water or take in a capsule OnGuard, DigestZen, Slim & Sassy, and Lemon!
Topical-On the skin!
- Because essential oils are fat-soluble when they are applied directly to the skin they are easily absorbed by the skin.
- When rubbing oil on the bottom of your feet, it can nourish your blood stream within 30 seconds.
- Apply to soles feet, chest, back of neck, ears, temples, and troubled areas.
- You can also add essential oils with lotions, creams or coconut oil. This also helps to dilute the oils if needed.
- Some of our favorites are Peppermint on the temples to help clear mind. Deep Blue on the bottom of our feet for a long walking day. One drop of Frankincense in face lotion for moisture and youthfulness.
4. Why doTERRA Essential Oils?
- Sourced from a global network of growers to ensure the most pure and efficacious essential oils
- Rigorously tested for standards of purity and potency. The more pure the essential oil, the more powerful the results. Many oils on the market have filers and other elements that will dilute the purity of the oil, which diminish the healthful qualities of the oil. doTERRA and a team of highly skilled professionals formulated a successful testing procedure that qualifies doTERRA oils as uniquely pure and free of contaminants. This is called CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade.
- Free from fillers or artificial ingredients
- Free from harmful contaminants
- Provide health-conscious individuals with a safe and natural alternative
- Used for a wide range of emotional and physical wellness applications
- Have few, if any, undesirable side effects when used as directed
- One drop is all that is needed to achieve a powerful benefit
Co-Impact Sourcing is doTERRA’s process to provide powerful essential oils as well as create an industry that uplifts and instill hope in farming communities around the world.
By purchasing doTERRA products, you are not only receiving amazing products, you are also becoming part of a movement that is blessing and changing lives around the world.
- Cultivates partnerships with artisans, small-scale growers, and distilleries. doTERRA works with experienced farmers around the world that know how to grow plants in their native environment. This sourcing process ensures that plants are taken care of properly and harvested at the proper stage by growers who have generations of harvesting knowledge.
- Organizes growers into cooperatives, creating jobs and improving income
- Establishes stable pricing with a trustworthy, long-term buyers
5. How Do I Purchase doTERRA Essential Oils?
- Become a doTERRA wholesale member! (only $35 for first year and $25 every year after. Renewal fee comes with a free Peppermint Oil every time your membership renews! If you purchase an Enrollment Kit, the $35 membership fee is waved.)
- It’s great because its like a Costco or Sam’s Club Card. You can shop when you want, no fees or minimums and shop whenever you want! Plus you can earn free products and know and have access to all the deals!
6. What Are The Benefits of Becoming A doTERRA Member?
- Wholesale prices 25% below retail
- Member Loyalty Rewards Program
- Purchase monthly to receive up to 30% of your order back in product points
- Product points may be redeemed for FREE products
- Product of the Month Club- Place a $125 PV order by the 15th of each month and receive a free product
- Have us at your fingertips! We will be here for every step of the way on your essential oils journey!
Thank you for joining us for Essential Oils 101! We know this is a ton of info so if you have any questions about essential oils, how to become a wholesale member send us an email at Hello@EssentialsGuru.com.