3 oils! That is it, just 3! Why 3? And why these 3? I’ll dive into each oil and why below these 3 essential oils are great for beginners!
I wanted to start with doTERRA peppermint essential oil first because it is an oil I keep in my purse and have on hand! It seriously comes in handy multiple times a day! Anytime I fly, I sit and smell my peppermint essential oil to help so I don’t barf! I get a little nauseous some times!
The oil comes from the leaves of a Peppermint plant. A cool fact about Peppermint is that it would take drinking 28 cups of peppermint tea to equal one drop of doTERRA peppermint essential oil. How cool is that?! With doTERRA essential oils, a little goes a long way! 1-2 drops is usually all that you need.
- Need fresh breathe? A a drop of peppermint under your tongue can help with that!
- Spider problem? Or bugs in general? Try adding 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil in 4oz spray bottle and fill the rest up with water. Spritz windows, corners, etc. for a natural bug deteror.
- Tired and need a pick me up? Put a drop of peppermint in your hands, rub together and inhale for a afternoon pick me up!
- Another pick me up option is adding a drop of peppermint to your water or herbal tea! doTERRA recommends 1 drop for every 4oz of water.
- Want an energy boost? Try putting a drop of peppermint on your temples for a morning boost! Make sure to not put peppermint close to your eyes!
- Upset stomach, gassy, or bloated? Peppermint can come to the rescue! Put a drop on your tummy and rub it around.
- Going on a cruise or plane flight? Apply peppermint to wrists, back of neck and belly to for a natural way to help with nausea. I love that you can feel the effects super quickly too!
- Feeling stuffed up? Add 3-5 drops of peppermint to a diffuser!
- Overheated? Add a few drops of peppermint to a spray bottle to help cool off. You could also get a hand towel wet, add a few drops of peppermint and apply it to the back of your neck.
- Want the most tasty rice crispys you’ll ever eat? Make them with about 6 drops of peppermint essential oil in the batch mix for some super yummyness! We found this trick out from our friend McKenzie who made these for us as a neighbor gift for Christmas!
Lemon Essential Oil
Oh Lemon…. Let me count the ways…. Seriously though! There are so many amazing benefits of using this fantastic citrus oil! Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the rind of the lemon. One fact I think is so neat about lemon is that it takes about 50 lemons to make one 15mL bottle of doTERRA lemon essential oil. Pretty amazing right?!
In general lemon is known to help freshin up homes, uplifting the atmosphere, energizing and cleansing properties! Here are a few examples of how you can incorporate lemon essential oil into your everyday life:
- Into natural cleaners? In a 4oz spray bottle add 20 drops lemon and fill the rest with water. Shake it up and spray down your counter tops!
- Sticky gunk of the back of a plate? Or markers on the wall? Get a wet rag, add a few drops of lemon essential oil and scrub away! I used to use GooGone but found Lemon essential oil does the trick!
- Feeling down? Add 3-5 drops Lemon Oil in your diffuser to promote an uplifting atmosphere.
- Need a pick me up? A drop of Lemon oil in your water should do the trick! And it will taste good too!
- Enjoy cooking/baking? Try Lemon bars with Lemon essential oil instead of Lemon zest! It is soooo yummy! My husband loves putting Lemon oil on his grilled chicken.
- Want a way to naturally cleanse your body and aid in digestion*? Add 1-2 drops of Lemon oil in a glass of water.
Lavender Essential Oil
Lastly, Lavender. I wanted to end with Lavender essential oil. This is such a popular oil among oil lovers! Most people associate lavender with sleeping, but there are so many more uses! This is an oil we keep in our camera bag because anytime we are outside, we always tend to need some Lavender! Want to know how you can use Lavender essential oil? Here are some ideas below:
- Irritated skin? Bug bites? Sun Burns? Apply lavender to the bothered area to help soothe. I like to keep Lavender in a spray bottle with some water and spray down after anytime we are outside.
- Need a good bedtime atmosphere? Put a few drops of Lavender on your feet. You can also put a drop in your hands, rub together and take a big inhale.
- Feeling Anxious*? Take 1-2 drops under you tongue and a big gulp of water to wash it down to help.
- Smelly car? Mattress? Closet? House? Freshen up the area with some Lavender. Add 15-20 drops of Lavender in a spray bottle, filling the rest up with water. Spray where needed!
- Have you ever had Lavender cookies?! Let me tell ya if you haven’t…they are yum! You can add Lavender in your cooking to if you like! Just remember a a few drops go a long way!
- Long day at work? Put some Lavender on your wrists like a perfume to help!
Ready to experience these oils and all that they have to offer? There is a specialty introduction trio pack with just these 3 oils made just for you! Inside the package comes a 5mL bottle of Peppermint, Lemon and Lavender all for $26.67! How awesome is that?!??
If you answered yes to getting started, click here to purchase. After you place your order I will be notified of your order and would be happy to take some time on a call together and walk you through your new oils, answer any questions you have and help make sure you feel confident in knowing how to incorperate them in your everyday life.
Talk to you soon! – Kelsey
P.S. For more information on other essential oils, check out here.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.