Essential Oils To Help Focus
Focusing can be hard, especially when its crunch time! I always find it hard when I really need to focus and struggle to actually focus! Because of that I have worked hard to find a few ways that have helped me focus and wanted to share them with you all! Of course this routine includes some oils too because they are life savors to have around in my opinion 🙂
Get Ride of Distractions
First off, its important to get rid of distractions.
- Turn your phone on silent and hide it under a pillow. Don’t have it in site or else you might want to grab it out of habit.
- Turn off notifications on your computer. Even when my phone is off, I get notifications on my computer. It’s nice to mute them to really get some work done.
- Close out your email, or any thing that can distract your mind.
Next, set a time block. I have found this to be super helpful to know ok I got 2 hours to cram and get things done! This really helps me to to know there is an end in site as well!
I also like to write down 2 things that are really important to get done and why. That way I know how to focus my time!
Create Your Atmosphere
Now for the fun part! Time to set the mood and create a great working atmosphere. Get out your diffuser and add a few drops of the oils below to help you focus and get rolling! You could also put a drop of any of these oils in the palm of your hands, rub your hands together and take a big inhale!
- Douglas Fir– Just like the tree that builds its roots deep in the ground and helps the tree grow super tall, the aroma of Douglas Fir can help you reach up and uplift your mood.
- Basil– Basil is great to help with mental clarity. It blends really well with Peppermint or Cedarwood.
- Eucalyptus– Help clear your mind and get rid of those tense feelings by adding a few drops of Eucalyptus essential oil into your diffuser.
- Spearmint– Anyone else love mint oils?!? So fresh and yum! Spearmint aroma stimulates a sense of focus and invigorates the mind.
- Wild Orange– I have to throw a citrus oil in here since they are my favorite! I LOVE wild orange! Such a great oil to help uplift your mood! I feel like that is a big part of focusing is feeling positive and happy! And that is how I feel anytime I use a citrus oil!
Lastly, put InTune Focus Blend on the back on your neck or roll onto temples. I like to do this before I get started on a project to enhance concentration. The aroma really helps to clear the mind and help keep me on track! Anytime I feel myself starting to slack, I roll on a little more InTune! It really is a hand oil to have on hand!
Thanks for stopping by today! What do you like to do to help keep you focused?