How to Clean a Diffuser
How to clean a diffuser was something I didn’t know how to do when I first got one so I though it would be worth while in sharing! Getting diffusers for around the house can be an investment and I want to make sure you know how to take care of them so they can last you years and years!
- Turn off your diffuser and unplug.
- Fill the water reservoir halfway to the line or red mark with clean water.
- Add 10 drops of pure white vinegar to the water.
- Plug back in your diffuser and turn it on. You can let it run for about 3-5 minutes. This will allow the vinegar to disperse throughout.
- Turn off and unplug the diffuser again. Dump out the water reservoir completely.
- Dip a cotton swab with white vinegar and wipe down the edges of the water reservoir as well as the ultrasonic mist chip.
- Rinse the water reservoir with clean water.
- Wipe the reservoir with a dry cloth and let air dry before using it again.
I would recommend doing this deep clean for your diffuser once a month.
To keep your diffuser in great working condition, clean your diffuser after each use. You can do that by wiping it out with a damp cloth and letting it air dry before using it again. For a quick clean, you can use Lemon oil to diffuse for a short time. This helps to clean out any residue or water lines before you wipe it out.